Most smokers want to quit. Often, they don’t know the best way to go about it. The Quitlins is a telephone counselling service to help you find an easier way to kick the habit.
7/7 from 10:00 to 20:00 Monday through Sunday
Calls cost 8c/minute from landlines, more from mobiles. When the line is busy you can make an
appointment with the customer service for a callback. Outside opening hours you can leave a message
and the Quitline will call you back. Callbacks are free of charge.
Request a call-back free of
How it works and What you can get
- Thousands of smokers have used the Quitline.
- The counsellors are professionals when it comes to helping you quit
- .The Quitline offers information and comprehensive counselling in several languages.
- You can benefit from on-going counselling. The Quitline will call you at agreed times and provide you with long-term counselling.
- All advice is tailored to the individual.
- Counselling can be brief, or long-term with regularly scheduled call-backs.
Typically, the Quitline advises on the following types of questions:
- Individual quit smoking action plans
- Health related queries (including weight concerns, withdrawal symptoms, risk of disease, nicotine addiction)
- Addresses of other smoking cessation specialists and/or support groups
- How to access further information (including brochures and leaflets)
- How to manage cravings
- How to manage relapses
In a counselling session, we can discuss questions such as:
- What are the means available to help you quit?
- What are the best methods you could include in your day-to-day life?
- Are you concerned about gaining weight?
- In which situations do you reach for a cigarette?
- How strong is your addiction?
- How do you cope with difficult situations? How do you cope with cravings?
- Have you had relapses in the past?
- Do you suffer from withdrawal symptoms